Top 5 Water Purifier brands in India
July 3, 2016 Home Appliances Review
Need of Water Purifier in India
Before we talk more about available brands of water purifiers in India, it is important to understand why we need one, what technology is used by different water purifiers and finally need to understand which type of water purifier is suitable for you. We have divided this article into 4 sections to help you make right purchase decision.
- Need of Water Purifier in India
- Water Purification Process and Technology
- Which Water Purifier is right for you?
- Best Water Purifier brands in India
we would Water sources are increasingly getting polluted. As a result the water we get is full of impurities and not fit for drinking. Water purifier offers healthy and clean drinking water eliminating hazardous contaminants and retaining mineral deposits.
Primary source of water is a River. River water gets contaminated due to various reasons like,
- Direct disposal of sewage
- Excessive discharge of industrial pollutants
- Daily tasks like washing, bathing, livestock bathing, garbage disposal.
Quality of Groundwater too has deteriorated due to the reasons like,
- Excessive use of pesticides and insecticides in agriculture which seep into the groundwater as well as get washed away into the rivers.
- Decreasing levels of groundwater also attracts natural contaminants present in the earth such as Arsenic, Fluoride, Lead, Heavy Metals which make the water hard.
Water composes 70% percentage of human body and is a crucial component for sustaining our life. Access to safe drinking water is vital for healthy living. But water is no more pure and safe because it is contaminated by pollution.
Water purifiers offers healthy and clean drinking water eliminating hazardous contaminants and retaining mineral deposits.
Water Purification Process and Technology
Water purification includes processes such as filtration, sedimentation, distillation and so on. These processes are meant to reduce the concentration of bacteria, algae, fungi, viruses, parasites and other particles.
Various types of purifiers are available which are equipped with technologies that can remove these contaminants. Activated carbon, UV filters and RO filters are the most used filtering technology.
Activated carbon Water Purifier Filters
Activated carbon filters consists of carbon granules which are positively charged with silver molecules. These can remove pesticides, chlorine and other chemicals.
UV Water Purifier filters
UV filters use UltraViolet radiation to deactivate disease-causing organisms.
RO Water Purifier filters
Purification through Reverse Osmosis (RO) filters involve forcing water through a semi-permeable membrane. This membrane filters out water contaminants. These can remove impurities like arsenic, nitrates, sodium, copper, lead and some organic chemicals.
Which Water Purifier is right for you?
Once you are aware of technology used and its uses you need to decide which one is right Water Purifier for you.
For that one need to decide on factors like,
- Water Quality in your are of residence: RO water purifiers are particularly useful if water in your area is heavily salinated, hard (high count of Total Dissolved Solids) or if you use underground water
- Electricity: Activated carbon purifiers do not require electricity to function where as RO, UV or RO+UV requires electricity to function
- Storage: Many purifiers come without storage option as they supply purified water as needed at the moment. RO system comes with storage facility to ensure that you don’t have to wait each time you need water. Note RO filtration takes more time than UV. Also if you do not have constant water supply it is always better to go for a storage option.
- Requirement of an incoming water flow is important for UV and RO filters. The pressure of the incoming water flow is also necessary for the filters to work optimally.
Best Water Purifier brands in India
Some of the known brands offering water purifiers includes Kent Water Purifier, Eureka Forbes Water Purifier, PureIt Water Purifier, Tata Swach and Aquaguard Water Purifiers. Choose purifiers online according to purification technology, type and capacity.
Technicians of above brands can visit your place for a demo, to check TDS and required water pressure.
[content-egg module=Amazon template=item]
Current Discounts and Offers on above Water Purifiers
[content-egg module=Amazon template=grid]